Hacks to connect with help
- Make sure you tell them the “story” of what is going on and give as many details as you can.
- If you feel the person you’re talking to is having a hard time understanding, ask for another person to talk to.
- Talk to someone who has been helpful to you before, and tell them you are having trouble finding the help you need for your child or teen. It’s not unusual for people to try several helpers before they find the best fit.
- Write your concerns down, and share them with the person you’re approaching for help.
- If you have an appointment, take a list of your concerns and questions with you. It is easy to forget all the questions you might have.